Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Keys with The Katies

So...two months to the date without a post...basically I'm the worst blogger ever. My sincerest apologies to whoever may actually read this (what up, Hilly). So let's play catch up...first on the agenda? My vacation to The Keys with Katie and Katie and the first Katie's family...yep...this will get confusing. 

My college roommate, Katie, has two close friends from high school - both also named Katie. So, two Katies and I went down to The Keys for "Spring Break" (they're both teachers and actually have Spring Break....I just have vacation days haha). And of course there was no shortage of food or cocktails...


We honestly just spent the entire week laying by the pool at the fantastic house where we stayed on Key Colony Beach. We enjoyed time with each other, and Katie's family came down for their Spring Break and we loved spending time with all of them, too! Lots of sun, good food, great cocktails, and amazing friends :-)


We took one night and got all dolled up and drove down to my favorite restaurant ever - The Southern Most Cafe in Key West. Last year, Katie and I ate there and I had the most fantastic fish just smothered in the most dreamy lobster hollandaise sauce that you could ever imagine. When I say dreamy, I mean it - I literally dream about this meal. When we returned this year, there was no hollandaise in sight. I was disappointed that I couldn't revisit my all time favorite meal, but the lobster mac and cheese I got instead was just about as dreamy. And the truffle fries with parmesan? Honey...those babies will change you. If you haven't noticed yet, I am a huge foodie....and yes, I realize I have a problem.


The Keys are just incredible. It is simply the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I'm sure like anywhere, if I lived there full time, it would lose it's wonder after a while, but I just love love love love that place....check out some of the views...


I also discovered the Vine App during this trip...for those of you who are unaware, it's basically Instagram, but for videos, and it's fantastic! So you can check out some of our videos here, just click on the image if it's not already playing and make sure it's not muted by scrolling over the top left corner of the video....complicated I know...sorry folks....

Just enjoying the view...



And the nighttime view...




Katie getting excited for dinner...



Katie and I dancing the night away! It really is a shame we didn't get the Footloose dance on film. For those of you who know me well, I love to dance to "Footloose." And it is a workout, my friends. Footloose aint for pansies. Katie will tell ya....



One night, all of us girls hung out laughing and talking and having so much fun! I honestly was sobbing from laughing so hard. And then the impressions began, and that's when I just about stopped breathing. Megan did a spot-on imitation of the girl in the newest Pixar film, "Brave:"


And then Kelly had us rolling in laughter by impersonating a woman on her Long Island campus who was discussing "The South" with her before her flight down to The Keys...



That night was not complete, however, until some intense games of Spoons! I kid you not, we played at least twenty rounds, and I'm honestly surprised there were no injuries! And, yes, I'm aware of how unattractive my spoon-stealing face is...


We had the best time! I just hate how quickly the time flew by. Before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye to The Keys...that is, until next year....


Special thanks to the Hubbell family for being so all-around spectacular and allowing me to crash your vacation - I love yall to the moon and back! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment