Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Big Move!

It was a couple weeks ago that I made the big move to Memphis! I trekked it from the western most corner of the state - Memphis, back to Nashville, then up to Knoxville which is in the upper east corner of the state...not all the way to Bristol, but it's up there! I took that Friday off work so Daddy and I could make the trip to Knoxville to get all of my stuff. We'd stored it there after graduation because I had no clue what I would be doing after my time as a consultant. We woke up early, made the 3-hour drive, picked up the Uhaul, and headed to storage. About two hours later, that sucker was empty, and we were on our way back to Nashville! I wish we'd had time to see some friends and my old stomping grounds yep...I used that phrase...judge me but we had a long weekend ahead of us!


After the 3-hour drive back, we spent the night in Nashville enjoying the regular Van Dam family tradition of Friday night pizza, and I packed up more of my things from my bedroom at home. Then bright and early the next morning, Daddy hopped in the Yukon, Momma and I jumped into Bessy my precious Chevy and it was off to Memphis! The drive between Nashville and Memphis is pretty boring - not too much to look at - but it was fun spending time with Momma, taking pictures of Daddy, and group texting with the whole family...even if my brothers were mocking my need for a UHaul...


 It was a long day moving furniture upstairs to the apartment, putting the furniture together, setting it all up, errands...the works. But by the end of the night, we were enjoying some dinner and taking pictures of the almost finished product.

My goal for my "grown up" spaces was simple, elegant, and classic with a dash of shabby chic. I'd spent the past two months scouring pinterest and all my favorite stores to find quality pieces that would last a while, despite the trends or wear & tear. This is what I came up with - I hope you love it as much as I do!

BATHROOM


BEDROOM


Still lots of details to work out...pictures to hang and such, but I am really loving my new apartment - and my roommate, Kirstin :) Memphis is great so far!! Hopefully it's only going to get better! Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment