Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Black Lung and all!

This past week, I was with the women of our Sigma Upsilon chapter at Indiana University for Recruitment, and it was just a hoot and a half! Before I get into the fun details of it all, I just have to share with you about the SNOW! I had never seen this much snow, in one place, in person, in my entire life. I'm sure the girls thought I was mentally unstable because I could not stop taking pictures of it! If you know me, it goes without saying that I was a total whimp in regards to the cold, but I really did enjoy the snow - It was very pretty! I was also thrilled to be greeted in the airport by a flocked Christmas tree post Christmas =) Just thought I'd add that bit of happiness to this post.


So like I said, the purpose of my visit was to assist with Recruitment, and ooooooh baby do they love their frills at Indiana University! It was like every yard of tulle and every speck of glitter in the entire state was being hoarded in the homes on North Jordan. And I LOVED IT! The pictures below are from Sigma Upsilon's skit round. This year's theme was "Real Housewives of Disney," and today's post title is a line from their skit. Cinderella explains to her fellow characters that she got the black lung from cleaning her step mother's chimney (which I thought was hilarious because I am clearly a horrible person), and that she's searching for a sorority of women who will accept her for who she is "black lung and all!" (again, hilarious).


The photo above and to the far left is the back of Sigma Upsilon's president Aubrey's car after a late night grocery run. We had fifty 2-liters of ginger ale so that we could make "KayDee Lady Limeades" for like 450 potential new members. We were laughing so hard while driving from grocery store to grocery store to stock up on ginger ale, and ended up celebrating our shopping trip's success with some late night Steak-n-Shake...again, these girls were a hoot! And like all KDs, loved to eat - which I appreciate.


Bid Day came before we knew it, and Sigma Upsilon's theme was "Of All the Fish in the Sea, Kappa Delta is the one for Me!" My jaw kept dropping over how precious all of their decorations were! From fishy name tags, to fish nets on the chandeliers, boat ropes down the stairs, and gummy crabs on top of cupcakes, no detail was left behind! And Bid Night at Indiana is like nothing I've ever seen before! The new members get their bids in their residence halls, and then at a designated time, load buses to head out to their new sorority homes. As the busses come down North Jordan, all of the sororities crowd the streets to meet the busses and celebrate their new members while cheering at the top of their lungs! It was so much fun to watch, and these girls have my full respect for waiting in the cold for all of their new members!! Brrrrrr!!!


I was so sad to leave Indiana because I had so much fun with all these ladies, but I hope to see them again soon! And I am thrilled to now be back in Boston with my Eta Phi girls for their Recruitment! Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment