Monday, July 23, 2012

Mommy, Wow! I'm a Big Kid Now!

No, I have not just been potty trained. Believe it or not, that life-hurdle was crossed long long ago. But I can't help but think of that phrase as it becomes more and more real to me that I am a GROWN UP! Good, bad, or ugly, it's the truth. It is so strange that the last countdown I had was for Spring Break, Graduation, and Training, but now it's for my TRAVEL AND MOVING DATES!

NINE DAYS till I fly to Oklahoma
ELEVEN DAYS till I move to Iowa 

EEK! Can you believe it!?! I sure can't! I have not even begun to pack...which I usually do like six weeks in advance out of excitement, so I'm way behind on the Mackenzie-is-Moving schedule! I have so much to do, and I can't wait to pack up all my fun new purchases and hit the road!!

For graduation, I asked for a professional wardrobe, because, though I have some great pieces that I wore to work as a collegian, my norts Nike Athletic Shorts for those of you who don't know and large t-shirts far outweigh my business professional clothing. So since I came home for the summer, Momma, Sees, and I have been searching for some basics with a little flair! I'm still hunting for some essentials including the ever so elusive black dress that I cannot find ANYWHERE, but I think I've put together a pretty great selection! On that note, I thought I'd share some of my new I'm-A-Grown-up/Professional Wardrobe!!


One of the biggest things I've learned over the years is to invest in quality rather than quantity. Those of you who know me well know that I am not, by any form or fashion pun intended a trendy gal. I like classic pieces with some sass and flair! I adore shift dresses, pencil skirts, and cardigans. Throughout college,  I've learned to scour the sale racks and take advantage of college discounts at quality stores rather than picking multiple items up at cheaper stores because, in my experience, the quality items last longer, wear better, and end up being worth every penny! When you're not a trend-follower, and you've had the same style for many many years, it makes sense to invest in clothes that will last. All this being said, my Aunt Libby and her daughters have an exceptional talent for finding amazing pieces for even better prices - so if you have this gift - go for it! I, unfortunately, do not. haha! I do my best at TJMaxx and throughout the sale racks, and have found some great deals hardly anything above was purchased at full price!, but that's nothing compared to their outstanding finds!! =) All in all, I encourage all you shoppers out there to think about investing in quality pieces that will never go out of style - but never stop hunting for low prices ;-) 

Until next time!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment