Sunday, July 22, 2012

Meet the LDCs!

So, as promised but extremely late I want to introduce you to all the amazing women that I will be working with over the next year as a Leadership Development Consultant for Kappa Delta Sorority. If you have no idea what that even means, please check out this post for more information. Essentially, there are 14 Consultants, myself included, who work as the road warriors for Kappa Delta, travelling to chapters nationwide to assist with leadership and chapter development. For the business minded reader, I'm a consultant who travels to the different branches chapters of our corporation sorority to assist with development in order for each of our branches chapters to be as successful as possible. The majority of us are "based" in a particular city to establish a new chapter, or to rebuild the foundation of an existing chapter, while others travel for the entire year to assist with our existing chapters as needed. SO! Here's the gang...


If you've been following my blog, then you know enough about me...if not...then read up, slacker! ;-) All in all, I'm a sarcastic southern girl with big dreams and a big heart. My partner, Hillary, is one of the most incredible women I know. She is selfless and wise, with a huge heart and a precious spirit. She went to Oklahoma State where she majored in Agricultural Communications and Economics - a major I've never heard of, but that will be well-received in Iowa. haha! She is passionate about being a good friend and inspiring confidence in others - the ideal Kappa Delta lady! I can't put my finger down on a specific moment when I knew Hilly and I would make a great team, but somewhere in the midst of long days of training and her somehow capturing all my most unattractive moments on camera, we clicked. Every time we get together, I laugh so much my stomach aches. And somehow we created our own language of acronyms...BBM, LTT, SMPN...the list goes on and on...In less than two weeks, Hillary and I will be moving to Iowa to begin this new chapter in our lives, and I simply cannot wait!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Erin and Rachel are two lovely ladies who left their hometowns for the sunny shores of Florida! Erin is from the Nashville area - like me! - and made a great study buddy in the weeks leading up to training. She attended Florida Southern College, and is very proud to share that it has been ranked "The Most Beautiful Campus" by the Princeton Review. She is such a firecracker - she knows just how much she deserves and never settles for less. I love that about her! Rachel left the cold weather in Michigan for the sunny University of Southern Florida - yep! Erin went to Florida Southern, and Rachel went to Southern Florida! Everyone calls Rachel "Marsh" after Marsha Brady, she has such a contagious laugh, and she eats more Dove Dark Chocolate than anyone I have ever met. These two ladies will be headed to the opposite end of the country for more sunny skies in San Diego, California come August.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Maddy and Shelby will be such a power couple in Connecticut! They are two sweet southern belles with a whole lot of sass! Maddy went to the University of Florida, but somehow we are friends! She taught me all the secrets of eye makeup while we were at training and was a precious angel for lending me some under-eye concealer on photo shoot day when I woke up with dark circles that zombies would envy! Thanks again, Maddy June! Shelby Mae is just a ray of sunshine, always makes me laugh, and I just know all the New Englanders will just eat her up! She went to Georgetown College, in her hometown of Georgetown, KY, and besides spending six weeks in DC for an internship, Shelby has never spent an extended amount of time away from home. This year will certainly be a growing experience for us all, but I'm excited to see Shelby thrive so far from home! Maddy and Shelby will be making the long trip from the South to the Northeast in just a few short weeks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sarah and I actually met in the summer of 2010 in Williamsburg when we both attended the National Leadership Conference for our Kappa Delta chapters. We just happened to sit at the same dinner table, and the rest is history! I was so glad to have her at interviews as a familiar face, and even more excited when we were hired together! She bakes like crazy, which I love, and one of my favorite things on her bucket list is that she wants to get on The Price is Right! Tori is a true southern girl straight out of Louisiana, and has such tangible joy and vibrance that surround her wherever she goes. She is incredibly genuine and curious, always asking questions about others and their lifestyles. Something that never ceases to amaze me is that Tori eats cookies for breakfast! And she has since childhood! Isn't that hilarious!? I love it. Sarah and Tori will be headed to Kennesaw to colonize in August. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Bri, our resident model, is gorgeous inside and out! She is always honest, which I find refreshing, and exudes grace and poise, which I envy. I think Bri surprised all of us when her obsession with "Bad Luck Brian" tweets came out. She laughed so hard over so many funny tweets, which made each one of us laugh even harder! Bri is headed to Washington University in the Spring 2013, and will be assigned a parter sometime within the next semester, but she will be travelling coast to coast this Fall, making frequent stops in St. Louis along the way. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


TALK. ABOUT. FIRECRACKERS. This pair is certainly not lacking in sass. Kim and Whittney are the funniest girls in our bunch. Whittney is from LSU, one of our largest Kappa Delta chapters, and is full of great ideas and plenty of sarcasm and one-liners, which always makes me smile. Kim is just a ball of energy that can't be beat. She was constantly singing and dancing around the house, getting everyone pumped up. She has established the LDC motto as "I can't be bothered," and her incredibly carefree attitude about life is something I admire about her! These two will be hitting The Hill to start a new Kappa Delta chapter at The George Washington University!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And last but certainly not least, we have the true road warriors: our travelers! Georgia is our animal lover from Idaho. She is scuba certified and wants to work at Sea World someday! How cool is that?! I always give her a hard time about Idaho and try to compare it to Iowa, which she hates but I love. We also make a habit of calling her by singing the "Georgia" song to her. She will be visiting Delta Pi for Spirit Week and Recruitment, and I just know she will love them as much as I do, and vise versa! Sarah Forsyth is from Pittsburg, Pennsylvania and was my roommate during training. She had planned to make us authentic Asian food at training, but we didn't have enough time, and we were all sad that didn't work out. That sure would have been yummy! She also has a military brother like me! Kelsey, my LDC twin, was a founding member of the Kappa Delta chapter at Boston University - how amazing!! She is the only one on our team who has been a part of a colony prior to this experience, and she brings an incredible perspective to our team because of it! She is adorable and genuine and we got very close over training, and I couldn't be happier to have her as my twin!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now can you see why I love these girls so much!? 

We're all just a few short weeks away from hitting the road and making great things happen all over the country! I can't believe it's almost here! I still have so much to do to prepare, and I certainly need to pack!! Until next time...
Photobucket
yes, I know I misspelled traveling on the travelers' picture...
I'm human. I make mistakes. 
I was too lazy to fix it by the time I notices.
Sorry kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment