Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Don't You Wanna Be a KD Too?!

It's Day Two at Training
or it was when I wrote this post (last night)...the internet here is a little strange and hasn't let me post this till now...
and I still can't believe...

I am a Kappa Delta Leadership Development Consultant...yes, I realize that those avid readers out there Hey, Laura1 ;-) are probably sick of me saying that it's still surreal that I have this job, but it truly truly is. I can't get over how blessed I am to have this job and be in the presence of such OUTSTANDING women here at Headquarters - both my fellow LDCs and the full time staff!!




I am still learning so much about Kappa Delta! Even after four years in the chapter, and two years on Council, there is still so much I don't know about Kappa Delta. The woman in charge of Archives here at Headquarters, precious Shirley Gee, has immense amounts of knowledge about our history, and I swear I could listen to her talk all day long about artifacts and stories. I am a huge believer in "lifetime learning" and love love love to learn new things, so I have been just eating these past few days up!

And so far I am loving...

Getting to know my fellow LDCs - There are fourteen of us total, and we're from schools all over the country - Kentucky (2), Oklahoma (1), Florida (4), Louisiana (2), Maryland (1), Boston (1), Pennsylvania (1), Idaho (1), and me from Tennessee! Everyone is so unique and different with awesome ideas to share from their perspective chapters. Here are all the beautiful ladies:

Top Row (Left to Right) - Hillary, Shelby, Tori, Georgia, ME, Maddy, and Rachel
Middle Row (Left to Right) - Sarah B, Whittney, Bri, Erin, and Kelsey - My Twin!!
Bottom Row (Left to Right) - Sarah F and Kim

Getting my LDC Big Sister (and twin)!!! We knew coming in that we would be getting "bigs" from last year's then-CDC ("Chapter Development Consultant" - the title changed for my class and will continue to be "Leadership Development Consultant" because we are developing leaders that then develop the chapters) class, but we didn't know who or how. Yesterday, we did our reveal, which consisted of finding our twin based on the color of our puzzle pieces, then putting together a puzzle of our Big's face. Once our puzzle was solved, we obviously could see who our big was, and then got letters from them welcoming us into our position and some words of encouragement! Here's Shauna - my Big! - and Kelsey - my twin!!


Cooking for everyone! If you know me at all, you know that I very much enjoy cooking and baking in general, but especially for big groups...mostly because I hate having leftovers. unless it's Thanksgiving, in which case, I'll happily eat leftovers for days and last night was Kelsey's turn to make Parmesan Encrusted Baked Chicken with Sauteed Veggies and I volunteered to make twice-baked potatoes as well...because I love them and didn't have any other meal to add to the list to make them with. Haha! AND Kelsey and I made the Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries that everyone has tagged on Pinterest, and trust me when I saw that taste even better than they look! Here are some pictures...


And last, but certainly not least, Going to bed at a decent time...not gonna lie. Being asleep by 10 or 11 is "early" and a blessing when you're waking up at 6:30! Now I know why my precious mother goes to bed so early at home! I'm feeling ya now, Momma!

Speaking of bed...I'm headed that way! I'll post more as often as I can! Hope you all are having wonderful weeks as well!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm famous! So happy you are having such a great time and can't wait to hear more of the details! I feel like this job was made just for you haha. love you!

    ReplyDelete