Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Things I'm Loving Right Now

I got this lovely little idea from my beautiful friend Rachael Daughtrey when she posted her own list on her blog the other day! I thought it was so positive and fun, and we all know how much I love list-making, so here we go:

1. The Ellen Show


This woman...she is just phenomenal. Regardless of your feelings toward the LGBT population, Ellen DeGeneres is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most wonderful people on the planet. Despite the fact that plenty of people have some not-so-nice things to say about her, she is incredible positive and loving to all people! She does some outstanding philanthropic work, giving exceptionally large amounts of money to charities and people who need it. And not to even mention, she is HILARIOUS!!! I mean...just check out the above video and see for yourself!


2. Instagram and PicStitch Apps


OF COURSE, as soon as I get my new iPhone, this awesome app spreads its wings into the Android world....typical. But regardless I have thoroughly enjoyed my Photo-A-Day challenges and all the fun effects you can add to your pictures! The PicStitch app is what allows you to have multiple pictures in one frame, so be sure to download it! My username is mackenzievandam (creative, I know) if you want to follow! Let me know if you're on Instagram, so that I can follow you too!


3. Friday Night Lights


SUCH A GOOD TV SERIES! I've been watching it on Netflix after my good friend, Will, nagged me about watching it for literally years, and now I'm obsessed. Any free moments I have, I'm watching Friday Night Lights! Will keeps telling me that the character Tammy Taylor is me, and it's been so funny watching her personality unfold throughout the series and roll my eyes at the countless mannerisms that make the two of us quite similar. But beyond that, the plot line is great, the characters are wonderful, and overall it is just a wonderful show that I would highly recommend to you all!


4. My Newfound Love of Coffee...and it's Effects


For years and years and years and years...basically since I started high school, my precious mother has been trying to get me to try and enjoy [decaf] coffee. With every new creamer, I was forced to try a sip, but despite her best efforts, I blatantly refused to enjoy this beverage. Upon reading a recent article in one of my many fitness magazines, I have changed my behaviors! I mean, you don't get this fit and buff body without the help of Self, Shape, and Women's Health!...I hope you are laughing at this CLEARLY SARCASTIC statement. What I mean by it is: you feel better about being a total lazy ace when you read about working out...even if you don't do it...ever. SO! This article was all about the positive effects of caffeine on your metabolism...WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO!?! With a new determination and desperate hopes of a smaller waistline without lifting a finger, a coffee drinker I became. "Coffee" up until recently, however, has been a very loose term. The "non-fat, no-whip, white mocha" or the "skinny caramel machiatto with an extra pump" was all I could handle. But, my friends, I persevered. I can now handle a regular ole cup of coffee with cream and sugar like a champ! I even CRAVE IT! Look at me and my adult life! And I absolutely love the caffeine jolt and I do, in fact, fine that I am less hungry on days I drink it. So there you go! Above pictures depict my coffee of choice and current favorite creamers =)


5. Twitter Anons






Aka.. anonymous twitter accounts. They usually have certain thematic elements to them, but I'm obsessed with them. And yes, I am pathetic. But my favorite twitter anons are "Southern Gentlemen" who tweet lovely things about the South, Conservative values, treating women with respect, etc. and the hopeless romantic in me just finds them all quite lovely. My favorites are @BowtieGentleman, @CharmOfTheSouth, and @DixieGentAL. I also enjoy the "Southern Ladies" who tweet about traditional southern/female attitudes and behaviors (example: baking) that I can relate to like @DixieDarlin615@SouthernStandards, @ItsTheSouth, and @ClassyProbs, or sarcastic tweets from @CondescendingWonka, or tweets about how much it sucks to be out of undergrad from @PostGradProblem, or just some great country song lyrics from @CountryWords....I know it's dumb, and clearly I follow WAY TOO MANY, but anons just makes me smile! I just think there's just something wonderful and fascinating to all of us about being anonymous, but maybe that's just me.


6. Eric Church's Springsteen 


I am thoroughly in love with this song. There's just no other way to say it. It's fabulous in my personal opinion. I hope that you enjoy it as well.

So that's what I'm loving right now! =) Let me know what you're loving too! Until next time...
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Watch out... You never know what those twitter anons could turn into - it's certainly not ridiculous to think there could be a boyfriend hiding behind one of those cryptic names, if you ask me! ...not that I speak from experience or anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just laughed out loud in the middle of class! haha! Thanks for those words of wisdom ;-) I miss you!!

      Delete